Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do You Remember Me?


Working as usual, a lady comes into buy some food, while she's waiting, her son came in to see what she got. I looked up, he's the one big crush of my teenage years.

I don't really know why I was shivering, but I was so nervous to see him. I quickly turned around to pack their things so I can go and talk to him. Just seconds after I saw his face, he dissappeared from my sight again, leaving his mum to wait for the food...

Jeff,
A lot of memories came back to me

I remembered how we used to see each other in sunday school, always sitting next to each other, legs touching underneath the table...

I remember how you used to let me lay my head on your shoulder during snack time

I remember how I would think about you all week until I saw you the following sunday again
I remember visiting you near your college, how we walked around and had lunch, and when we crossed the road you suddenly took my hand into yours. Even when we were on the other side of the road, you did not let go of my hand

I remember not seeing you anymore, we'd just keep each other's phone numbers. You called me one night after several years of losing contact, to talk to me about your girlfriend and how you had problems with your mum

I remember seeing yoou whilst being really busy at work, we nodded at each other as our eyes met

And then, I remember about yesterday...you still looked like you did 10 yrs ago, more grown up, but you were still the Jeffrey I knew. Our feelings might have faded, but, I want to let you know you were the biggest crush of my teenage years.

Kathy x

No comments:

Post a Comment